Question

22 Apr 2006

Nur-Isterate injection query.
I have been on the contraceptive Nur-Isterate for about 2 years now. I normally go every 6 weeks rather than 8 weeks because of spotting. Last wednesday (19/04/06), the nurse who normally injects me was on leave, so I had a nearby doctor to do it. Later, when I returned home, I noticed that it had bled quite a bit and that some nur-isterate had leaked out. (it had bled onto half of the little square in the centre of the plaster). Is it ok for it to have leaked out? It also did not hurt as much as it normally does afterwards. May the doctor have used the wrong size needle? Will the effects of the injection be affected in any way? just a little worried.

Even if some leaked out, it is unlikely to affect the safety of the injection.