Ask an expert

15 Dec 2002

I developed a bad allergy for ALL nut and seed products . Where can I get more info ? Need to know do we have " save" chocolates / snacks I can eat . Will this go away ? I am 42 .
Answer 357 views

01 Jan 0001

Riebie, I doubt that it will go away at your age. Anyway the best would be to assume that it’s permanent as the risk is too great to take. You can always have a blood test done later on again.
Most chocolates will say on the packaging whether it contains any nuts or not, but you have to be very careful when it comes to chocolates. Why don’t you contact DietDoc and find out if she has any contact numbers for you? Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.