Question

NUTRITIONIST vs DIETICIAN ADVICE
Hi, since having had breast cancer 5 years ago at 34yrs , my body went into premature menopause and I have not been able to lose the 12kg that I put on. It was suggested that i see a nutritionist who will do an analysis, then follow up with a dietician. Please help. What is the difference between the two. And can anybody suggest a great nutritionist and dietician within the johannesburg or even pretoria area. Thanks ....

Dear Carry
The difference between a nutritionist and a dietitian in SA is usually that nutritionists do not work out specific diets for patients but tend to work with food products, etc. I would recommend that you go straight to a clinical dietitian who will do both the analysis and prescribe the diet. For obvious reasons I cannot refer you directly, but visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area.