Ask an expert

26 Feb 2003

I am a 32 year old women, 1.85 m tall and weigh 126 kg.
11 years ago I used to weigh 65 kg.
Can you please advise me on what to do, as I am very deperate for help.
Thank - you.
Answer 406 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Reader
Seeing that your BMI at present is 36,8, which is seriously obese, I would suggest that you are a good candidate for Xenical. If you have a medical aid, please ask your dr about Xenical which prevents the uptake of fat from food and gives excellent results is used with a very-low-fat diet and exercise. It helps to be on a medical aid, because this product is expensive and it is better if your dr motivates for you to obtain the medication via the Chronic Benefits scheme of your medical aid. You can also only obtain this medication on prescription and you will need to be monitored by your dr while you use it.
Holding thumbs for you
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9270 votes
66% - 17923 votes