Question

Obesity
I know I'm far overweight, I don't suffer from high colestrol or blood presure or diabetes, but would like to know what you can suggest as to weight loss? I'm not on a diet but I am active, I swim alot ext.
Must I go on a strict diet to overcome this or is there some diet which gives you a balance but still gives you the "freedom"

Dear Karien
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). I think you will find that this balanced diet does give you sufficient freedom and should not become boring because it is based on normal foods. Try to swim every day for at least 30 min because swimming is one of the best aerobic exercises available.