Question

Odiven and Melodene
Hi Dr

The only medication I use (since September 2012) is Odiven and Melodene. I have minimal negative side effects, but the last few days I have been feeling a type of tingling sensation in my breasts, almost like a letdown reflex when breastfeeding, just less intense, and when I press on the nipples there is a very very small drop op fluid (almost like colostrum). I am not pregnant and stopped breastfeeding my baby in March 2012. Could it be the medication? I have also had very light periods or skipped totally since on Melodene (previous post). I have felt for lumps or any abnormalities, cant find any. I work with alot of babies and have 2 other pregnant friends and I miss breastfeeding, could this be ''all in the mind''? :)

Annie

Yes, your symptoms can be due to the medication or a psychological effect. Just to be safe, you should consult your doctor to have your blood prolactin levels tested. A small growth in the pituitary gland can cause your symptoms, especially in when there is a milk-like substance.