Question

Olive Oil
Hi Doc,
I cook alot with olive oil. I never use butter or marge or any other oil type. Are there any negative factors of this oil type that i should be aware of. Does it contribute to high cholesterol levels? I would like to know because i use it for cooking, on salads, in pasta sauces etc. (literally in everything) Thanks for your time.

Dear CR
Besides the fact that olive oil in keeping with all other oils has a high energy content of 37 kJ/gram, you are certainly using one of the best. Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids which help to reduce 'bad' cholesterol and increase 'good' cholesterol.
Enjoy!