Question

ON AGAIN OFF AGAIN
I am always on a diet, i weigh 57 kg and is 1.68 tall. I am kind of obsessed with my weight but the main problem is this....i go on strict diets for days and then just one day out of the blue i would eat anything and everything that comes in my way. I know this is not healthy at all and i dont think my metabolism likes this too much. Is this normal behaviour? Im not sure if im doing this for any pshycological reasons but this will happen especially in exam periods or at times when im feeling down/alone. On days like this i would just eat even after im full or not craving the food anymore...
Eating Disorders Expert
Eating Disorders Expert

Hi Laura Lee,
You behavior is certainly not normal and healthy. What's more, your restrictive dieting culminating in an uncontrollable binge is to be expected and physiologically almost certain to happen. Why are you even embarking on restrictive diets? You weight is comfortably within the normal range and the last thing you should be doing is trying to loose weight. It is also quite clear, and not uncommon, to binge on feelings of anxiety and a depressed mood. You could enter into therapy to explore what your "hunger" is, but more importantly, you need to explore why you are dieting on a normal body in the first place. You need to understand what lies at the core of your obsessive dieting. Should you be interested in entering into therapy, send me an email of your location, and I might be able to send you a recommendation.
Regards,,
Graham