Question

on agency contract,help !!!!
I have been working for an employment agency since January 2011 - April 2011.I was unemployed for only May 2011 and now i have since started working for the same employment agency since 30th May to date.My concern is that i earn R70.per hour and still did previously before May.Between January and April i was paid twice (for 3 weeks and 1 week respectively).However i have since noticed that for the second pay-slip each month only the P.A.Y.E was deducted not the UIF.I tried bringing the issue up with the agency but the have since ignored to explain to me what was happening and why P.A.Y.E was deducted twice in one month and also why i had to be given two pay slips monthly.

Another thing is that i work for R70. per hour 5 days per week,please help me in finding out exactly how much is to be deducted from my salary.the only deductions are UIF and P.A.Y.E,as i really feel that the agency i work for is not being honest with me.Also as a temp worker am i paid for sick leave as it was stated as follows in my contract::

Leave pay : 6.44%
Sick leave: 4.29 %
Family responsibility pay : 1.29 %
Public holiday pay : 5.15 %
Labour lawyer
labour lawyer

re: On Agency contract, help!!!

You need to raise an issue with the Department of Labour. It is suggest that you speak to an Inspector. They cannot deduct PAYE twice and it does not look like they are structuring your contract properly.