Question

One day Menstrual Period Repeat
Goodday Doc

I''''m writing to you after writing to a Health24 gynae on this site and my question was regarding a 1 day period that I had in December 2012 and she requested that I do a pregnancy test because I might be pregnant. I did the test twice and it came out negative and in November 2012 my periods on came for 2 days. Now in January 2013 I had my period on the 10th until yesterday morning and in the late afternoon yesterday I changed my sanitary pad and before I went to sleep I changed it again there was nothing coming out until this morning. I am really getting worried. Can you please advice. I really need to have a baby and when this is happening I get worried.

Thanks in advance.
fertility expert

Dear Guj1
The first step in this investigation would be to test your progesterone levels as well as your thyroid levels. Should these be normal I suggest you do a pelvic ultrasound scan to exclude the possibility of a cyst.
Answered by: Dr M.I.Cassim