Question

operation of broken ankle gone wrong
my sister had and ankle operation due to accident where her ankle bones where fused with pins about 3 years ago. she now experiences great pain in her ankles on a daily basis due to inflammed arthritis that she has basically being told to live with because the pins can never be removed. Also due to the operation her foot does lie flush on the ground and after speaking to a surgeon he has suggested that the only way to rectify this is to cut up the ankle bone refuse them and remove the muscle form one side of the foot/ankle and put it at a different point. he has stated it is a 50/50 operation. what should we do. Can you refer any surgeons that have prehaps done this operation before.
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

Dear Karen
Unfortunately I do not know in which area you live. I suggest you contact your GP and ask him who the best orthopaedic surgeon in you area is and specifically one that specialises in foot surgery. You are entitled to more than one oppinion. You can also try and contact the Ortopaedic Association for names of doctors in you area. Good luck.