Question

Options
Pls tell me if one should have to have a caesar what are the options thereto i.e. i know you can have an epidural caesar and a caesar with a general anaesthetic are there other options besides having and epidural with a caesar??? I might need a caesar but do not want to have the epidural for many reasons and do not want to have the anaesthetic and only wake up after everyone else has seen the baby and need to know if there is another option that allows one to be awake without tampering near the spine etc like an epidural. Urgent pls!

Unfortunately, the anaesthetic options you have mentioned are the only two. Caesareans can be done under spinal aneasthesia, but this is very similar to an epidural, just a slightly different placing of the needle. People have tried doing operations under hypnosis, but this would need someone very experienced in this and also a patient who has used this method before.