Question

Osteo-arthiritis
I am 17 years old, had a hip operation 6 years ago, suffering from severe pain in both hip joints now, cannot walk long distances or stand for long periods. Is this a bad sign, my GP does not seem to be concerned nor a Othtopedic surgeon I went to see. What should I do?

Steph, from this side of the screen it definitely does sound like there is something to worry about. It might be that the arthritis is affecting the other hip too or that there is a back problem that is referring pain to both hips. Maybe the best would be to get a second opinion from a different specialist like a neurosurgeon or just a different orthopaedic surgeon. Good luck.