Ask an expert

18 Feb 2003

I am 17 years old, had a hip operation 6 years ago, suffering from severe pain in both hip joints now, cannot walk long distances or stand for long periods. Is this a bad sign, my GP does not seem to be concerned nor a Othtopedic surgeon I went to see. What should I do?
Answer 366 views

01 Jan 0001

Steph, from this side of the screen it definitely does sound like there is something to worry about. It might be that the arthritis is affecting the other hip too or that there is a back problem that is referring pain to both hips. Maybe the best would be to get a second opinion from a different specialist like a neurosurgeon or just a different orthopaedic surgeon. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.