Ask an expert

22 Aug 2011

Osteo arthritis
My fingers are getting quite bent at the second joints, which are also swollen and sometimes painful. I''ve been advised to consult a rheumatologist, but there are none in my area. I''m also wary of taking strong chemical drugs that might have other adverse effects. Do you have any advice? Should I persue the rheumatologist avenue by going further afield?
Answer 383 views
Natural health
natural health

01 Jan 0001

hi Cherie

you can start of with making sure your diet is alkaline - green leafy veg. no wheat, dairy or sugar. Making sure you drink enough pure water. Then take a good quality fish oil (if you are not on warfarin), and consider consulting with a natural health practitioner.

kind regards
Dr Debbie
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9270 votes
66% - 17925 votes