Question

osteopenia
I was diagnosed with significant osteopenia. Lumbar Spine T score of -2.3 and Left Hip T score -1.6. Xrays have shown a bony fusion of the facet joints between C2 and C3. Is this due to bone loss? I was prescribed Osteobon-70 but am too scared to take this due to all the side effects. I take Wellbutrin SR and Xanor for depression and anxiety. I take Inflamide200 and Berotec for asthma, I do not smoke, drink red wine on occasion, have been lacto ovo vegetarian for 18 years and only do moderate exercise. Both my mom and gran had osteoporosis. Should I go ahead with the Osteobon and calcium suplements. Does my diet play a role in this, what should I add to prevent this from going further. Thank you.
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

Dear Didi
For more info on osteoporosis you can contact the Osteoporosis Foundation on 0219317894.
With regards to tha bone loss- the fusion in the Cervical joints is probably due to osteo-arthritis more so than osteoporosis. You don't mention your age, but i do think an expert in osteoporosis needs to have a look at you. Bisphosphonates like Osteobon is usually prescribed for osteoporosis and not osteopenia, but to really make an informed comment I need to find out more about you. Contact me at the above number.