Question

Osteopoenia

I was diagnosed as osteopoenic in 2002. The doctor recommended sandoz, but it made me feel sick, so I stopped taking it. I know this was stupid as both my Mom and Gran have osteoporosis. I am now pregnant and supplementing with Caltrate Plus. Is this enough?

What should I take one the baby is born to try and prevent my bones density deteriorating anymore?

I am 30.
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

Dear Stargazer
Caltrate plus is fine. As long as you are getting about 1500 mg of calcium per day (in diet and with supplements).
You can continue with this once baby is born and you are still breastfeeding. After that 1000 mg per day would be sufficient. I also suggest you have your bone density done again once you have finished breastfeeding.