Question

ouch3
i just went for a blood test and the nurse said gee thats a nice juicy vein, she pops the needle in and nothing came out - no blood she moved the needle around and still no blood. she gets another needle and does my other arm still no blood! she then called her colleague who just popped the needle in and found some blood. YAHOO! I havent told my mother about the cancer yet and i am going to see her in joburg this weekend (she lives in harare) and im scared she is going to know straight away that something is wrong, im bald pale and i have dark rings under my eyes. i look ill.i am dreading seeing her.

Dear Bleeding
Don't you think she deserves to know? I would feel very hurt if my kids try to keep something this serious away from me - a mother's instinct wants to support her children and she needs to be prepared for someday when you get really sick or get a set-back. Sure it is going to be a shock for her, but this is the reality....and not something you would choose for yourself! I understand that you want to spare her worry etc but she is going to find out anyhow.
Are you feeling better yet from the last chemo? Has the tingling etc subsided somewhat?
I am not going to be online over the weekend - I have someone helping me now! Please let me know on Monday how it went?
Just want to warn you Johburg is cold and dusty and dirty at the moment... wish it will rain.

Kind regards