Question

out of community of property
I met the guy 3 months ago and we are so much in love. he wants us to get married in december this year.

i earn a gross salary of R10 000 and he earns R40 000 gross salary per month. he has a jeep and a big house, plus he has a PHd.

i was thinking that maybe we should marry out of community of property so that his money and assets remains his.

im not after his money but after a good and happy marriage. as long as he can provide for me its ok. is this ok or im wrong?

please advice

Dont be in such a hurry ! Do you really need to rush into marriage with someone you've only known for 3 months ? It might seem to people that you might indeed be motivated by the money. IF you do indeed love each other sincerely, surely you will still love each other just as much in a year's time ? As for the issue of comunity of property, that's way outside my expertise, and you'd be wise to consult a lawyer and discuss the implications of this carefully. Maybe other readers can comment based on their own personal experiences ?