Question

Out of control eating
I over-eat, I am fat, female, in 40''s. People say I am beautiful but I do not do myself justice. I try so hard. Cannot stick to a diet, always hungry. Have tried many things to curb the appetite. I am a stress eater. I have heard about hypnotherapy. But how does it work - do you get told you will stick to your diet, you hate carbs, you only eat healthy choices or what do they say to you? I cannot afford to see a professional and I work all day so a clinic is out too. I am insulin resistant. I read up on this gastric balloon thing and it scared me that I can be this fat and this desperate. I also do not respond well to drugs and my GP won''t give me an appetite supressant as it made me sick. How many times do you have to go for hypnotherapy? Does it last your whole life long?

I'm sure our Dietdoc could advise, and any good dietician could be really helpful for you. Hypnotherapy is not the solution, and is wanted by people who want a mahic wand to be waved, needing no effort on their part. It is not the solution. It absolutely does NOT last a lifetime ; it is not magic. And it is not cheap.
If you only buy healthy oods, and have nothing else in the house, you can't eat the things that are bad for you. And if you overeat celery, it won't be a problem and wont happen often !