Ask an expert

24 Jan 2008

Out of control teenager (16)
My son is on Concerta and Risperdal. He needs psychological help as well. Medical aids pay so little for consultations, but are more than willing to pay for medications prescribed. Are there no therapists, institutions, etc who are willing to help those of us who cannot afford it? I cannot even afford to go to FAMSA for help.
Answer 341 views

01 Jan 0001

Its sad that medial aids are often really short-sighted, and will pay for medicines and be mean about consultations which may both greatly improve the individual's health and save money in the end. Famsa may still be able to help, check out the dept of psychiatry & psychology at your nearest medical school, and see what might be available through your nearest major state hospital
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.