Question

Over-reacting???

I phoned my boyfriend to about an hour ago. I spoke alittle about work, etc. Then he tells me that he spoke to everyone of his friends (male & female) and he has arranged for all of us to get together on Sunday for a picnic.

I got upset and asked him why didn't he talk to me first about it. I truly felt left out and it also felt that he didn't seemt to want my opinion.

He said that because his friends are so unreliable he didn't want me to be disappointed, so he wasn't going to tell me about it if they didn't want to get together. He feels he has done the right thing and will continue to do it.

I think that he gets embrassed when his friend's always cancel out on him the last minute. So he is trying to save himself the embrassment.

I am still upset with him as I feel that as a couple we should at least talk about it before he makes plans with the rest of his friends. Am I over reacting??? Please advise.

I also think you are over-reacting. In a world of bombs, terrorists and massive grief --- is this really such a terrible affront to you ? Is it awful if he was trying to sdave himself, and maybe also you, some embarrassment ?