Question

over worked
hi everyone iam a 26 year old lady who has to work two jobs and in 2004 i fall pregnant but had to have an abotion because of some reasons in 2006 i met my futur husbnd and we have been tring to get a child sinse last year but there is nothing could my having an abotion be the cause of us not falling pregnant and it is so frastrating because all our friends have children and the other day i found out that my only friend who still did not have a child was pregnant and that made me feel very sad for me and happy for her so now iam the only one left out or maybe my working two jobs could be contributing too
fertility expert

Dear Nontu

Indeed it is a possibility that following the termination of pregnancy some infection may have occurred albeit sub-clinical. This in turn may result in tubal damage and therefore I advise that an investigation for tubal patency be undertaken as soon as possible either by means of x-rays (hsg) or alternately laparoscopy. Should the tubes be patent and careful ovulation induction and monitoring together with timed intercourse may be all that is necessary. However, importantly a sperm analysis needs to be done as well.