Question

Overeating - Help groups like AA ?
Dear CyberShrink

After trying every diet bar having my mouth wired shut I'm still unable to figure out how to not eat when I'm not hungry. I'm not obese at all but I definitely need to drop 1 or 2 dress sizes. (According to the weight to height ratio guidelines I am 11kg's overweight).

Please could you tell me if there are any group sessions one can go to (in Johannesburg) for guidance on the psychological aspect of overeating. There are groups helping Anorexics and Bulemics(sp?) so surely there must be something for people with psychological triggers for overeating.

I honestly believe that overeating is a psychological issue and people don't do it just because they can!!

Please help!

Thank you very, very much.

Chunky B

Pvereaters anonymous is an excellent resouce. ALL pro-ana sites are dangerous and foolish and cannot be recommended