Ask an expert

14 Jul 2011

Overtime payout..?
Hi..I worked at a mine for more than 12years..according to contract the mine don''t pay for overtime but give hours off. I have a lot off hours due..could not take the time off because it never dated them. I resigned at the beginning of the year..the hours due equals about R 50 000..
Should I be payed for the overtime..?
If yes..what do I do..?
The Union days I must go to CCMA..
COMA says I have to go to Department of Labour..
The Department of Labour says I have to go to CCMA..?
I feel that I deserve this money for my time.
Hope to get answers soon.
Thank you for your time..!
Answer 359 views
Labour lawyer
labour lawyer

01 Jan 0001

re: Overtime payout

Should you wish to go to the CCMA then you must ask for the payout coupled with an unfair labour practice. Otherwise the Department of Labour are obliged to plan your overtime payout for you.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.