Question

Overweight
Hi I am only 21years old but I weigh 81KG. I recently found out that my ideal weight is 52KG. What do you advise that I do to lose all this weight? I need to lose it as fitting in clothes is difficult and I know that is bad for my health.
Please please help.

Dear Worried
You can try an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), which you combine with regular daily exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) or ask your dr about Xenical (because you have about 30 kg to lose, which is a great deal). Xenical is a real fat-trapper that prevents you from absorbing fat from what you eat. Xenical is, however expensive so it would help if your dr could motivate for this medication to be paid for by your medical aid. You would use the Xenical with a very-low-fat-diet and this will help you to start losing. So see if you can get Xenical prescribed for your condition. Also combine the Xenical with regular exercise to obtain the best results.