Question

overweight 7 year old daughter
My daughter is becoming overweight and does not only eat a few sweets, but consumes proper meals and is always eating..........is there a diet you could suggest.........in fact I would also loke to lose weight as I have put on weight and so has my Mom in her 50's!!!!!!!!!!
Please could you send a diet that all 3 of us could follow, and it would also encourage my daughter if all 3 of us did this together. Will a Detox also help?
thankyou,
TRACY
PORT SHEPSTONE
SOUTH AFRICA

Dear Tracy
If you click on 'Diet' and 'Weight Loss' and 'Slimming Diet' you will obtain a free copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet that you and your Mom can use. For your 7-year-old daughter I would only suggest that she cuts out those sweets, cold drinks and fatty snack foods. Research has shown that growing children should NOT be put on strict diet because they still need plenty of nutrients to grow normally. In fact, experts the world over agree that the best way to get young children to lose weight is to make them more active. This is also a good idea for all 3 of you! Start doing exercise together - walk, jog, cycle, swim, skip - anything to get you burning your excess energy stores. Do NOT use a Detox diet on your daughter under any circumstances. If you and your Mom want to try fasting for a day (drink on liquids like fruit juice, soda water and eat fruit), then make sure you do it over a weekend when you can rest and don't stand the risk of fainting, etc. And don't detox for more than 1-2 days.
Take care