Question

overweight child advise URGENTLY NEEDED
My friends daughter 6 yrs old is very overweight, yet in the last few months she does not eat as much as she did before, heaps of food on a plate, she now goes to school and has small meals during the day and in the evenings does not even eat all her food, but nibbles all the time. we have given her de-worming medicine, do you think she has hormonal problems? I would say she is about 10 / 15 kg's overweight for her age and size. a Real little barrel. please advise urgently

Dear Rina
It is essential to have this child examined by a medical dr because there are certain conditions which predispose to obesity at a young age. Once you have had her examined we can look at solutions, i.e. if she has a metabolic problem then there are certain things that can be done and if she is just overeating, then I can suggest various ways of getting her to eat less.