Question

overweight diabetic, please help!!!!!!
I am an overwieght diabetic, non insulin dependant. I work at a lodge so i am not close to a gym.
What can i do to loose weight. I am a pear shape, small shoulders huge but. Can you please help. Will it be possible for you to work out some sort of eating plan for me to follow. I am starting tae-bo vidios today, hoping it will help.

For any advise please feel free.

Dear Moni
I always prefer diabetics to consult a clinical dietitian because of the complex nature of the dietary recommendations which have to take your age, diabetes, medications, weight, and activity level into consideration. Please do contact a dietitian (phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings) to obtain the name and address of your nearest dietitian) so that he/she can work out a tailored diet for you that also takes your problems with menus at the lodge into consideration. It is really worth it. In the meanwhile do a Search on this Website using 'Diabetes'.
Good luck with the exercise - swimming is also an excellent way to burn energy and you should be able to do this at the lodge.