Ask an expert

22 Aug 2010

Overweight son
7yr old son overweight. Who can I go to help him in S.A.
Answer 389 views
Eating Disorders Expert
Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert

01 Jan 0001

Hi Holly,
This might be more relevant a question for our DietDoc forum, as you have made mention of your child's overweight problem, but not mentioned any details pertaining to disordered eating. Go into the DietDoc forum and request a dietician referral, but be more specific on the area in which you and your son (if he lives with you) reside. If you need advice with regards to his problematic eating behaviour, either the dietician and/or a psychologist might be required. I'd be happy to advise you if you have questions on his problematic eating habits per se.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.