Question

04 Apr 2007

Ovulating - trying for a baby
Hi Doc,

I read through the Ovulation section, it is still not very clear to me. Do we have to have sex before I start to ovulate or while I am ovulating. My period started on 11 March, 14 days from then on 24 March we had sex every second day until Wednes 28 March when I started to ovulate. We had sex again on the Wednesday and the Thursday, but we had my parents up from Bloem the weekend and there where no time for sex. I am still ovulating, can we still try or is it too late. My period should start this Sunday 8 April again. Your comments would be greatly appreciated. Clara.

As the others have said, ovulation only occurs on one day. the best time to have sex is two days before to two days after ovulation. The egg -whits discharge can go on for a few days after ovulation.