Question

OVULATION
Dear Doc, I need to know how many days after my periods is my ovulation because I've been trying to concieve but all my efforts were in vain so I think if I know exactly when the ovulation starts I can try during that time and I have been taking folic acid tablets for the past eight months is it going to help? Pls help.
fertility expert

Dear Abio

Depending on the length of your menstrual cycle, ovulation generally occurs exactly 14 day’s prior to menstruation. Therefore, if you have been recording the last few menstrual cycles you could determine the pattern of ovulation accordingly. Furthermore, if you wish to anticipate the next ovulation, I would recommend that you use ovulation-monitoring kits (LH urine testing kits such as Clearplan) commencing on day 10 of your cycle. These ovulation detectors will predict ovulation in advance by at least 36-40 hours, which would assist in timing intercourse more accurately.