Question

OVULATION
Dear Doc, I need to know how many days after my periods is my ovulation because I've been trying to concieve but all my efforts were in vain so I think if I know exactly when the ovulation starts I can try during that time and I have been taking folic acid tablets for the past eight months is it going to help? Pls help.

You need to work out your cycle, counting from the first day of your period to the first day of the next period. Ovulation occurs 14 days before a period, so Day 14 if you have a 28 day cycle. Folic acid does not help fertility, it helps prevent spina bifida in the baby when you fall pregnant.