Question

Ovulation
Hi Doc,

When Ovulating, is it only the BBT that a person must take note of or is there other Body Changes that will occur.
We are trying to conceive.

Dear Gena

The use of BBT should be strongly discouraged as it is very unreliable and can be influenced by many different factors. Likewise changes in cervical mucus and other body symptoms are unreliable. I would strongly recommend the use of urine ovulation testing kits, which predictive of ovulation with fair degree of accuracy and are fairly cost effective. They can easily be obtained over the counter and are fairly simple to use.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim