Question

Pain during exercise
I try to stay fit by walking at least 15km per week. Lately I''ve had an intermittent problem where my legs start to burn terribly when walking. Some days I''m fine and can walk 5km without problems (like today). Sometimes it''s so bad that I can''t complete 1km! (Like yesterday) I always try to push myself when walking - so that it gives me a cardio workout as well, but it''s impossible with the burning legs.

I''m bipolar and use Seroquel, citalopram and Wellbutrin. Not sure whether it could be the medication? I''ve been stable on these meds for about a year now without terrible side-effects.

What could be the problem?

Liza

The pain and discomfort that you are experiencing while walking, is possibly due to poor blood circulation. I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination as soon as possible. It is very important that your doctor investigate your symptoms.