Ask an expert

27 Jan 2010

Pain in both Arms
My husband suffers with pain in both arms from his shoulders to his elbows. This has been going on for 3 yrs now. He has been for x-rays and sonars but the problem couldn' t be detected. Is there anything else that he can do?
Answer 674 views
Shoulder Doc
Shoulder Doc

01 Jan 0001

Dear Anon,

if the problem is not obvious on sonar and X-ray he should be seen by a shoulder specialist. You must also know that sonar (ultra-sound ) is very "operator dependant" , in other words it depends on the experience and expertise of the person doing the ultrasound examination.

An expert on shoulder problems may suggest that he needs an MRI or even an arthroscopy of the shoulders


DR Joe de Beer
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9323 votes
67% - 18731 votes