Question

Pain in breast
I'm 35yrs old, I have been experiencing pain in my left breast for the past 6 months on and off, pain occurs closer to my period, have checked for lumps, found none. Pain can be very uncomfortable at times and very tender. Could this be breast cancer, should I go for a mammogram?

Worried, I doubt that it’s breast cancer, but a visit to your doctor wouldn’t be a bad idea. It’s probably just due to the hormonal changes, but you don’t take chances with something like this. I wrote an article about how to examine your breasts a while ago and if you’re interested in a copy, you can mail me at netdoc@mweb.co.za. Good luck.