Question

Pain in eye after excercise
I am a walker and walk quite intensely 3 times a week (aprrox 45 min). Recently, I have been getting a terrible ache in my eye (or behind it) after excercise. This tends to last for the rest of the day and the only way I can get rid of it is by drinking a pain killer. I sometimes get this headache (not as intense) for no (apparant) reason. The pain is always in the same eye. I used to suffer from sinusitus, but this is under control. I have been drinking a lot of water to keep me hydrated, but this does not help. My GP suggested I see an Optometrist!! It's not that kind of pain and my eyes have been tested quite recently. Do you have any advice?

HI Carol

Sometimes eye-strain CAN lead to headaches, which is why an optometrist could help. Does your doctor not have any other suggestions as to what might cause the headaches?
Also, if you are suffering from increased amounts of stress, this could be a trigger.

If your GP definitely doesn't feel it's anything he/she can treat (ask again) - perhaps go to the optometrist.

Good luck.