Question

Pain in right lower abdomen
I have had a constant nagging pain in my right lower abdomen for about a year now. I went to a gynea who said it was a cyst on the ovary. The cyst was drained, the pain improved, and came back again. Went back to the gynea, found more cysts on bothe ovaries, eventually had a Total abdominal histerectomy 6 weeks ago. Pain was gone for three weeks, now it is back again. I went back to the gynea who did a sonar, and said my colon is "packed", even though I had a bowel movement that morning. He then said that it seems as if there is a fistula where my appendix was removed, and that the bottom part of the colon on my right side does not move properly because it is "stuck". He prescribed Pancreaflat to relieve the flatulence, and suggested I eat pawpaw to get the correct enzymes to improve digestion. It has been over two weeks now and the pain is still there. It does not improve with passing of wind or bowel movements. Shoud I see a different kind of specialist or will the condition improve with diet alone?

Thank You.

Ilani, it sounds like getting a second opinion from a gastroenterologist would be a good idea. Hopefully he will be able to tell you whether it has anything to do with your bowels or not. Good luck.