Ask an expert

27 Feb 2003

pain occurring from shoulder down towards arm, right arm.
Last year my husband had a problem with pain starting at his shoulder going down to his arm and the pain was extreme and also caused numbness, this was his left arm. He also had a bulge in the muscle near his neck. The doctor diagnosed it as a type of fibrotism.
Now he is experiencing the same symptoms but the with other arm.
Do you have any suggestions or treatment regarding this?
Answer 766 views

01 Jan 0001

Twanae, it sounds like there might be something pressing on the nerves where they exit the spinal column in his neck. The best would be to have x-rays taken of his neck and make sure that there isn’t a problem there. If the x-rays show up normal, a combination of anti-inflammatories and physiotherapy should take care of it. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9270 votes
66% - 17922 votes