Question

Painful butt cheek spasms during early pregnancy
Hi there. I found out I was pregnant early in June and my subsequent scan shows I am 10 weeks into the first trimester. Around the same time I found out I also started feeling sporadic pains in my right butt cheek and lower back, but mostly in the cheek area. Since then it has gotten worse and the pain shoots down my leg. It''s painful when I sit, stand, lie down...almost any position then I get these sharp pains and sometimes when I walk it feels as if the pain is so severe my leg will give out under me. When I get up during the night or in the morning I ca hardly get out of bed because the buttock and right leg are so painful. It seems to be getting worse but I''m not sure what it is and what I can do as this is still very early in my pregnancy. Please help.

It sounds like a pinched nerve. I would suggest that you see your doctor for assessment.