Question

Painful Chest Muscles
Hi Doc,

I've been suffering with panic disorder for the past six months and I have been having plus minus five panic attacks per day. I am seeking counselling and have been put on 25mg fluoexotine per day but I have the most painful muscles in my chest and back.

I've had ECGs and all sorts of tests which don't show any prooblem with my heart. Is this pain due to having persistent tension for the past six months?

Dear Mands
It could be - a physiotherapist could evaluate you and determine whether the muscles are in spasm. They will also be able to treat this, as tablets do not really help longterm. If you are not on a calming tablet, try Biral - a herbal tablet that you can buy over the counter to make you calmer. The Fluoxetine is good but it takes a while to take effect.