Question

Painful knee and hip
I am 26 years old and have developed a constant dull pain in my right hip (between the leg and torso joint) as well as the same pain in my right knee. I think it is a muscle injury as certain sitting positions are more painful (ie. cannot sit crossed legs any more). What could be the cause of this pain and what can I do to correct it?

Helen, it might be due to inflammation of any of the structures in or around the hip. The fact that the pain spreads down your legs seems to suggest that something is pressing on a nerve somewhere. This might anywhere from where the nerve exists the spinal column to where the actual pain is. Narrowing it down without being able to examine you is going to be difficult.
You can try taking an anti-inflammatory drug (Arthrotec®, Brufen®, Celebrex®, etc.) for a couple of days, but if it doesn’t clear up you will have to see your doctor. Good luck.