Question

Painful lung
I am a smoker.
A month ago I developed an upper respiratory tract infection. Now that I have recovered it seems that when I cough or breathe deeply there is a pain in my right lung. Any suggestions as to what the matter could be? When I play squash it does not hurt. (which is twice a week)

Jacqui

It is possible that you have injured a intercostal muscle after/during your upper respiratory tract infection. Use Myprodol, two capsules, three times daily. If it does not improve after two to three days or if you develop shortness of breath and difficulty in breathing, consult your doctor.