Question

Painful Orgasms
Sometimes when I have an orgasm - it is this aching feeling - and not really pleasant at all. My clitorus doesn't hurt - and my boyfriend is really gently - but nothing helps!

First of all, I need to clarify exactly what is taking place in your body during an orgasm. The sexual stimulation leading up to an orgasm results in the build up tension throughout a woman’s body. Orgasm is the point when all of the tension is released through muscular contractions in a woman’s vagina, uterus or rectum. Given the physiology of an orgasm, you may be able to attribute the pain you are feeling to a contraction of the uterus.

Overall, this is really hard to determine without seeing you and talking to you personally. I would recommend that you make an appointment with your physician so he/she can determine exactly what is happening and treat you if necessary
Dr Elna McIntosh