Ask an expert

09 Jun 2011

Painful sex
I''m a female and have been experiencing some pain when having sex with my husband for the last couple of months. The pain only lasts about 30 min to an hour post sex and there is also a burning feel if I pee after sex which also goes away after an hour or so. I''ve tested for STI''s so what could the problem be?
Answer 354 views

01 Jan 0001

I would recommend that you consult a gynaecologist for thorough examination. It would be necessary to determin whether the pain that you experience is a deep or superficial pain as each could have different causes. It would also be necessary to test your urine to rule out a urinary tract infection.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9247 votes
66% - 17732 votes