Question

Painful shins when jumping/doing kata-box
I love to do Kata-Box at the gym, but it starts getting painful after I jumped a few times. Both my shins start aching when we jump around and then I have to stop for a while before I can start again. I love Kata-Box and don't want to stop.

1. Is there anything I can do about the pain?
2. Will it go away after I get more fit?

Hi Liz

Bones take longer to adapt to exercise than your cardiovascular system, so this pain is not unusual in "novice" exercisers and is related to the bones literally being "strained" due tio the high impact exercise. What I would recommend is that you take it a little easier during the first 10 - 12 weeks of training - to give your bones time to adapt. Also make sure your shoes have adequate shock absorption.

Good luck!