Ask an expert

26 Mar 2003

painful vagina during intercorse
I am a 54yr old female who has had 3 bladder repairs and a pelvic floor and endimetreosis ? removed no uteris have had 3x back ops bilateral drop foot after back op cdi fusion have problem with bladder when coughing urine leaks intercorse is impossiable cannot tolorate penetration to painful want to scream feels like something is in the way, please help i am desperate

Kind regards

Answer 393 views

01 Jan 0001

This sounds like a very complex problem which will not be able to be sorted out over the screen. Further treatment will really require that you be examined and fully assessed in terms of tests of bladder function. Try and see a urogynaecologist if there is one in your area. The pain with intercourse once again will depend on the reason, which can only really be determined by examining you. One thing that may help a bit is oestrogen cream. If you are menopausal, the vaginal lining often thins out and this can cause pain with intercourse.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18602 votes