Question

22 Apr 2006

painful weaning
I have taken Dostinex. My doctor advised me not to express and it has been 4 days since I have taken the last tablets. My milk still has not dried up and I am in a great deal of pain. My breasts are very engorged and painful and still leaking milk. I have now started taking Lactosec and the doctor advised me still not to express. I am using cabbage leaves and taking myprodol for the pain, but I am nmot experiencing any relief. The doctor said that it could take up to 2 weeks for my milk to dry up. I find this strange as all the women in my family dried up within 2 days of taking the tablets. Ii cannot even hold my child(he is 13 months) as it is too painful. any advice on what to do next?

Other than the cold cabbage leaves, I can't really help. It is very important not to express or stimulate the breasts in any way.