Question

Painful/burning when urinating
Good day,

I am a man and lately and rather suddenly when I urinate it burns and is a bit painful. I have had this before in the form of a bladder infection and it was cured with anti biotics and I am taking again and it is going away quickly.

I don't mind having to take anti biotics but to get the infection is not pleasant and was wondering what could cause it. It seems ot happen evey now and then and no specific reason, sometimes since I played sport other times when I have been doing nothing. Could the fact that I am uncircumsized have anything to do with it and if so would getting circumsized help and what is the procedure for this, is there hospital time?

Please can you advise.

Dear George,
If you keep your penis clean by washing under the foreskin, circumcision is not needed. A bladder infection in a man can be an indication of a kidney stone or an enlarged prostate, as they seldom get infected from the outside. However you may get infected by a sexual partner.
See http://www.hmc.psu.edu/healthinfo/uz/uti.htm