Question

painfull and stiff joints
My son 15yrs old,complaining of stiff feet and hands in the mornings.After numerous bloodtest and x strays nothing significant was found.No rumatoid arthritis.He does not comply to kortisone or celebrex.Will an insert in his shoes eases the pain.Please help> 
Podiatrist
podiatrist

Thank you for your e-mail, it is difficult to diagnose and suggest treatment without physically examining the person and also getting a detailed history. When did the stiffness start? Any event that could be linked to it? Does he wake up with stifness every day and does it always affect both hands and feet?
Whether inserts/ customade orthotics will help, depends on the area where he experiences the pain, if the pain is activity related and the biomechanics of his feet.
I would suggest that you consult with a podiatrist that specializes in biomechanics for a detailed assessment. For your nearest podiatrist contact PASA www.podiatrist.co.za 0861 100 249